Facility Rules -- Northern West Virginia Quarter Horse Association
JW Ruby Research Farm
2020 NWVQHA Shows
July 30-31 • August 1-2 • August 28-30
The following rules apply at West Virginia University’s JW Ruby Research Farm, the show facility of Northern West Virginia Quarter Horse Association. Any questions or concerns regarding facility rules should be directed to the facility manager, Davis College of Agriculture, Natural Resources & Design, at: (304) 980-3040 or NWVQHA Show Manager, Debbie Gower: (304) 613-7148.
- You must keep your dog on a leash at all times.
- You must pick up after your dogs; there is no location on this farm that is acceptable to leave dog poop. It should be bagged and placed in trash cans.
- Dogs that are a nuisance to other people, other dogs, or disruptive to the horses at the show will be required to leave the grounds with their owners.
WVU STABLING AREA AND PASTURES ARE OFF LIMITS TO THE PUBLIC.
- This is part of a strict biosecurity protocol that helps keep visiting horses and WVU horses safe, and visiting horses welcome at the farm.
HORSES SHOULD NOT BE TIED OUT TO TRAILERS IN GRAVEL PARKING LOTS.
- Visiting horses should be stabled on site, or if hauling in, be parked in the grass field across the road.
KEEP THE GRAVEL PARKING LOTS CLEAN FROM MANURE, BEDDING, AND HAY.
- Clean up any manure and bedding that comes out of your trailer when you unload.
- Do not dump dirty water buckets in the gravel parking lots; dump in the drains provided in the multipurpose building or in the grassy areas outside of the stall barn.
- All manure on site should make its way to the manure bunks provided; there is one behind the multipurpose building and near the middle of the stall barn.
- Haul-in horses – Do not leave hay and manure piled up around your trailer.
BATHE HORSES ONLY IN DESIGNATED AREAS.
- Wash racks are provided off the back of the multipurpose building and behind the trailer near the stall barn.
ALL TRASH SHOULD BE IN THE CANS OR DUMPSTER PROVIDED.
- Show management has extra trash bags if you need them; please bag and tie your trash closed and place in the dumpster before you leave.